Why does she do this?

Why does my two year old sit in our room and yell help? She watching cartoon on our bed and will yell help until I come in then she pretends to cry so I pick her up and she perfectly fine.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol.. really?? lol.. they can be so funny... my son pretends in the mirror to be sad.. he's 3.. I think we may just have drama diva's
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• She has found a way to demand and get your attention.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• She probably just wants to get your attention to see if you will react to her.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I dont know, but you need to teach her that yelling help is nothing to play with that she should only yell for help when she really needs it. You dont want her calling for help and think shes playing on day and dont answer her and something is really wrong to where she really needs your help.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't think she knows what it actually means shes only two. I think shes watching to much wonder pets that the only thing I can think of.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Because you answer to it.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 6:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• she SHOULD know what the word help means. because she's 2! if not, time to teach her!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Actually Armywife 43, they say not to teach kids to use the word help now when in real danger, because people are generally desensitized to it. You should teach them to use specific words like "Stranger", "Fire", Call 911, etc. OP, My 3 year old does the same thing, but she's old enough now to actually say, I just wanted you to come. It's a phase, you should lessen your response to it, or tell her to come find you when she's lonely.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 6:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• She's just experimenting!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• but, kimedbs, she still should know what it means.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011