Been so weak lately!

after i had my 3rd baby in october ive been feeling super weak. light headed when i stand up to the point where i almost black out..have fallen down the hallway stairs a few times have gone to the doc n they cant find nothing wrong..havent been check for diabetes yet..should i..my mom has it my aunts have it my grandma has it :(

mommyof3_21

Asked by mommyof3_21 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• i would did they check your iron?
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• check to see if there is a blood disorder.. iron supplements will help you feel not so weak and a prenatal.. check your blood sugar in the mornings and at night on your own.. if it looks funky bring it to their attention ASAP but first try the iron.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yup they checked iron :(
    mommyof3_21

Comment by mommyof3_21 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• thyroid issues
    you'll need to fast before they test you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• you need to find an internal medicine dr instead of a family drthey are better at problems that are more specified to internal issues
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 7:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Sounds like a blood pressure issue - it's falling too quick when you stand up. I have a heart issue and I have that problem all the time - I sit for a while, get up, and about fall over. Blood work won't show it. I highly doubt it's diabetes. Ask to have your heart checked.
    Anonymous