Does dying hair kill lice?

Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• YES. so does Mayo oddly enough
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No it dosnt. But drying your hair with a high heat blow dryer everyday will keep you from getting infected by them. BTW? You CAN get lice in other parts of your body with hair.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes they both do a way to prevent it is too buy a small bottle of tea tree oil and put a few drops in your bottle of shampoo it won't kill them but it will prevent them
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am a licensed cosmetologist, and no, hair color will not get rid of lice. There is a product called Rid X, and some others available over the counter, in the pharmacy area at any drugstore.
    aac11

Answer by aac11 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I dont think so. But then i or my kids have never had that so i wouldnt know.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• honestly no it doesnt. I personally would never use ridx. It has pesticides in it and can make you very sick. There is this stuff called de-bug and its sold online or you can call them and order it. It not only kills the lice it makes removal of the nits easier. My Mother researched headlice and the treatment of headlice for a year til she found that stuff because it was so bad in the gradeschool I was at. If anyone needs the website let me know because I dont know if i can post it on here or not. It is safe enough to use everyday and the lice do not become resistant to it. You get a big spray bottle of it, a cap, a metal comb and a little goes a long way. When I was in grade school I went to a new school and My mom told them about headlice medicine and they started buying it and giving it to the parents of students that had it. The schools get a big discount. message me 4 more info:) I dont work for them but I promote it
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Nope- when my kids got it and gave it to me as well- I thought hair dye would HAVE to kill them...nope- it didn't. Mayo didn't work , and the over the counter stuff didn't work for us either. We actually wound up having to get a prescription for something that would.

I also bought a flea comb at the pet store and that had closer teeth than the one you get with the kits
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• LOLOLOLOL!! no, it doesn't. Btw, most products can kill the bug, but you still have the painstaking job of removing the nits, or eggs. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011