No Health Insurance

I have health insurance for my son and I but my husband does not due to the high cost. We are a healthy family and go for yearly checkups and dental cleanings but are not on ongoing meds or have any health issues.

For those who do not have health insurance and have good health, and do not qualify for State Medicaid, do you do yearly checkups/dental cleanings and if so where in your area do you go (ie. free clinics, health centers that charge based on income, etc)?

If you use these resources do you find the care given is just like going to a doctor?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• I havent seen a dentist in.. almost 9 years now just because of the cost alone! Free clinics are maybe a bit more quick to push birth control or a preventive thing than normal ones but they are just fine.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• girl use your resources do lots of homework there are tons of places out there that are caterd to ppl with no ins you just have to find them and if the community is offering these benenfits your husband should deff use them
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 7:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks AmandaV.....we share these resources w/ clients at our job and I was considering using them myself, as they offer the same as what I have to pay for every month and never use until yearly checkups, but have not decided if I want to cancel my insurance.
    virginiamama71

Comment by virginiamama71 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011