Is stress causing women to go gray earlier?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/22/more-women-going-gray-before-30_n_839148.html

Gray Hair

Course, that is a dye job in the picture, but I started graying at 18 ~

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I started at 15.. shocking.. I had a VERY stressful childhood so maybe.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That is a bottle color woman. You can SEE it's purple NOT grey AND her roots are blonde!! DNA decides if you get grey and when you get it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I got one strand of grey hair when I was a teen, and have always had it and at almost 40 have yet to find another one. I have cousins who greyed all the way before they were 20. I believe alot of it is genetic not due to stress or kids making us go grey
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• gray hair is not caused by stress at all. it's cause by a B vitamin deficiency. the real proble is less ppl are taking multi vitamins daily. my hubby is 19. a few months ago i found quit a few gray hairs on him. i made him start taking multi vitamins and he hasn't had a gray since
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I started at 15 too. Lucy for me its only in one tiny spot.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I take a multi vitamin and still have gray
    Saw my 1st at 21,38 now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I thought our hair turned gray based on the amount of fun we've had. My dad was gray in his 30's and mine started turning early, too. We were very fun-loving people! I never put anything on mine because I thought it was just great that I was gray like my daddy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i should also mention that i'm a mom to a 7 month old, a pre med student, and i work at subway. i have quite a bit of stress, i take multi vitamins every single day and i've never had a gray. i don't color my hair either, i'm 22
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm 35 and I've yet to find a gray hair (and I don't dye my hair). And with the amount of stress I've had in the past couple of years, I should have gray hair if that's what it is caused by. I'm pretty sure genetics plays a major part. My father didn't start graying until he turned 50, and my mother was past 60.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It's genetic.  I'm 47 and barely have any grey.   My mother didn't start to look noticeably grey until she was in her mid 50's.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2011