Is anyone a paralegal or going to school to be one?

I'm thinking about going back to school, but I wanna pick a career before I do. I've been looking into paralegal and I could use some suggestions for school...
What classes should I take?
What school should I go to? (I live in Buffalo, NY)
Is there anything that would make me more qualified?
Also, I'd love tips on managing school, work, and a child.

Tink05215

Asked by Tink05215 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Research schools in your area and see which offer paralegal courses; an advisor there would be more than able to tell you what the course work would entail.

As far as doing it all, well, if it's important to you, you'll find a way. It may mean giving up sleep or something else but keep your eye on the prize. I worked full-time while going to school on an accelerated program and being solely responsible for the household and the kids (hubby was in the picture but he worked non-regular hours so he couldn't consistently offer much help). It all works out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• well im not a paralegal but i went back to school three quarters ago and i have two kiddos...its tough sometimes but its manageable. how old are you kids?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have a son who's 2. I think I can manage it, but I'm worried about my family cooperating with me. My mom or my grandma watch him while I'm at work. (He'd be in daycare while I'm in class.) And neither of them like to stick to his schedule, so sometimes it's hard to get things done. (Like homework) Do you ever have problems with that?
    Tink05215

Comment by Tink05215 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011