Does anybody still believe in true love?

Or is marriage is purely for the procurement and protection of property?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I believe in it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I believe in it!!!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Marriage and True Love are not identical concepts. Both can exist without the other or together is one is very lucky. I believe in True Love and Love at First Sight. But Love does not mean you must get married. Marriage is for the protection of property, care and welfare of children born into the marriage and care and welfare of spouse if one dies before the other. I can not recall anywhere in the law where Love was a requirement for marriage. But if you are lucky enough to have love and marriage, then you have the best of both.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am married to my true love.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I really do believe in true love. I believe that my husband is my soul mate. When we startd dateing we later realized that we attneded the same elementry, And middle school and didnt even know each other. We also realized that we lived down the street from eachother for years and didnot know one another. Im talking about when we were real younger.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I do believe in true love but I don't think marriage goes along with that - I don't know ANYONE who is married and happy but I have been happily living with my SO for over 5 years now and I feel more married to him than I ever did through 2 marriages. If I were interested in having more kids we would probably get married, and we probably will eventually get married just so we can health insurance benefits since society doesn't seem to want to get in this century and realize that committed couples should be equal as married partners. SO Yes to your question but it has NOTHING to do with marriage.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes, I do.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I very much believe in true love. But I don't believe that true love and marriage must go hand in hand. I think they can each exist entirely on their own.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am married but don't believein true love. If anything happends will I remarry? HELL NO!
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I still believe in true love
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2011