This surprise anyone?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42209447 -- according to an official at the Federal Reserve, the US is "nearing insolvency".

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 7:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No that does not surprise me - you can't solve a debt crisis with more debt - it doesn't work - DUH (not winning)
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What?! When did that happen? How did that happen? I thought all we had to do was print money.

For the record I have been bitching about it for a couple of decades now. At this point it doesn't matter who caused it..what matters is who is going to have the BALLS to stand up to the establishment and lead a fiscally conservative revolt.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Not surprised at all... It is really disgusting that our own government is throwing us all under the bus!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Nope. Not at all....unfortunately. *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That is a no brainer.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I bet I know who will be surprised by it. Anyone know how to get that link to PBO? He'll definitely be surprised.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That is the progressive plan, overload and collapse the system. Then rebuild it under a socialist system.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What does that even mean? I think it's a phrase thats pretty easy to throw out in an effort to insight fear but I can't imagine how things have changes so dramatically in the last two years that we're near complete ruin.

This shit doesn't pop up over night and i don't recall anyone crying about it during the Bush presidency.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises

I have to say, you must not have a keen sense of the obvious.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Really sad,
    Pam4242

Answer by Pam4242 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Now that everything looks (and may be) hopeless, everyone who has been pushing us toward socialism and one world government can try to convince us all that it is our only chance.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011