Home Remedies

What kind of home remedies do you use? Please explain how they/it works.

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• I try to eat chicken soup and drink fresh squeezed lemonade when I am congested with a cold. It helps break up the phlegm.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 7:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Ts for sharing that. Soda also helps break up the phlegm
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Put kerosene on a cut that is sore. It will take the soreness away in a couple of hours. I'm not sure why it works. I just know that it works.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't think it counts as a remedy, but if my kids get so much as a sniffle, they ask for orange juice and sprite. I grew up drinking it when I was sick (not really sure how that got started) so I passed it on to them. No medical benefits whatsoever as far as I know, but it does cheer them up.

lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• For heart burn I take 1 tsp of powdered cinnamon and 2 Tbs real honey. mix well and eat. It stop heart burn and prevents it as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011