Rolling over

My 5 month old rolls over in his crib, everytime he's sleeping. What can I put next to him to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing. Once they can roll there's nothing you can do to stop them. If you put anything in there to try and stop him he'll just roll over it or get tangled in it. Once they are rolling they can sleep however they want. Most babies like to sleep on their tummies. My youngest has been since he started rolling at 3 1/2 months. All of my other kids did, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Totally agree. Let him do his thing! Not to worry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• he doesn't like sleeping on his tummy, he wakes me up all night of the hours

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• just let him do his thing
    once he figures it all out he won't wake due to it any longer
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I use to roll up a small blanket to but right behind his back so won't wake up from the roll and he would be comfy!
    lovelife29

Answer by lovelife29 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It'll take him a few days to get used to the tummy thing. All 5 of mine fought it at first, too. They'd throw a huge fit every time they'd roll over for the first week. It was a long week.

My youngest, though, would only roll to one side so I was able to put him up against the side of the crib and put a blanket next to him and he was unable to figure out how to roll the opposite way. But really if they want to roll they will find a way.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• no need to worry hun babies will do that. I have two belly sleepers and one back sleeper. when they roll over to their belly they move their head also so you dont have to worry about the suffercating
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I roll up receiving blankets really tight and stick them on the sides of him (below his waist so it is no where near his face)
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh..............you didn't originally mention it waking him up as a problem. All babies go through the stage where they can roll in one direction and not completely over. Work with him during the day to help him roll from his tummy to his back.. But there is only so much you can do. It all comes in time. This awkward stage when he can not do it and it wakes him will not last long. I remember it well!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2011