What has marriage taught you about yourself?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That I can still be in love with my man 12 years later

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That i am able to be loved and cherished. Something that i did not have growing up as a kid.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That I have more patience then I thought I did lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• that I am valuable to another person--he has built my self esteem more than anyone else in my life
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 7:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That I am a controlling SOB. LOL! No, really though . . . I never have taken a real hard look at my tendencies and how others perceive me until I got married. Being married has taught me to take repsonsibility for my part in conflicts, and to work on myself to make myself a better partner. I have always been REALLY independent and I was not young when I settled down. I have been very used to navigating through the world on my own and advocating for myself. the result of this in a marriage has been perceived as controlling. So, I work on letting go . . . because I love my husband and I don't want him to feel uncomfortable . . .
    Marriage has "windexed" my mirror. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• WOW-ImaginationMama.......that was powerful and so transparent and really glads you shared it.

Thank you all for you input.
    Librarylady60

Comment by Librarylady60 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That another person's happiness is more important than my own. I can put myself second in a situation to make sure someone else is considered first. The interesting thing is that my husband is exactly the same way about me. So, we just look after each other and it all works out. It has for 31 years.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That no matter what.. We can do things together. That I'm glad he came along when he did! I met my DH when he was 18. I was 16. It was on Christmas Eve, Since I had nothing going on where I lived. We've been together for a long time! We've been through so much together. DH taught me I'm so much Stronger then I thought! Thank you for asking such a interesting good question!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That I'm not really a loving person!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That even when everything goes wrong...we have each other to help us through =]
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011