I know its a good idea to stop birth control and have three normal periods before trying to conceive but I have been on birth contro for the past 12yrs and don't even know if I have normal periods without it, should I stop earlier?

AmandaV.

Asked by AmandaV. at 7:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• it only takes a few months to get out of your system..just b/c you've been taking it for 12 years, doesn't mean there's 12 years built up inside of you. just stop taking it and see what happens. I was on it for a few years. went off in April and was pregnant that November and we weren't even "trying"...the more you relax and just let it happen, the faster it will happen. STress will prevent you from conceiving.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think you might as well. I was on BC for 18 years, and it took about six months for things to normalize after I went off it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well...one of the things they tried for me when I was having fertility ISSUES was putting me on birth control for a few cycles, because your first cycle off birth control you are super regular and ready to conceive. I wouldn't stop taking it before you are ready to have a baby.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011