What is the best way to make more friends on cafemom, I don't want to just randomly ask ppl to be my friend lol

Asked by AmandaV. at 7:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Ask questions in topics that interest you, join groups that would benefit you, and then when you get responses from people who are similar to you, have the same interests, or kids' ages, or like-mindedness, or anyone who is particularly encouraging no matter where you are, friend them. :)

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ask questions, answer questions - you'll find you start running into the same moms with common beliefs or opinions as yourself - the names will start looking familiar and it will come. Today I made two more friends myself just from answering questions and making connections. It takes a few weeks and time on the forum. Welcome!

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• find some groups and start chatting in the groups I'm in step mother groups, toddler groups  and large family groups just look for groups your into

Answer by feralkitten at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• In my opinion, it's a bit difficult to make "friends" here. I have been coming a couple of months -- but the names do start looking familiar and I have noticed that some people (over and over again) answer questions kind of like I do. Perhaps another idea would be when you win "best answer" or select a "best answer" to your questions -- look at that person as a potential friend? You already have something in common! (ps -- I need to do that myself) :g'luck!-)

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• lol some of the best advice is the advice we give others baileysmom

Comment by AmandaV. (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• lol -- absolutly! :-)

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Join groups that match your interests (stick with the smaller ones, not owned by CM)

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011