When we start to try should we try to have more sex just because "we are trying" or just continue on our normal ways since we have no documented problems I don't want it to feel like a chore.

AmandaV.

Asked by AmandaV. at 7:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would keep it as relaxed and normal as you can. We get so tied up in "trying" that it becomes a chore and that's no fun. Just kick back, relax - it will happen when it happens. I got pregnant within a couple months of trying and my best friend who is 38 just got pregnant after a few months of trying. It will happen - just lay back and let it!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It should not be a chore. But you might want or need to adjust the date and time of your sexual intercourse to coincide with the most fertile times.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Trying more actually is worse. Those sperm need time to build up between times.
    Have fun and good luck.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Just have fun with it :) For us, when we were TTC each month we got a BFN, when we stopped "trying" we got a positive.. The stress was just too much, of course knowing your fertile times will help but don't become obsessed with it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am much more into it when I am ovulating, and I have found following my normal sex drive will get me pregnant faster and with less stress than charting and thinking about it constantly. My first was planned to the max and I had a year of fertility issues. My second and third I conceived when I was "letting it happen naturally".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No need to add more sex into the equation. like the other poster said try to make it coincide with ovulation. I suppose if you want to have more sex go ahead, but every other day around ovulation should work.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• mom-2-3-girlz that totally makes sence,
    AmandaV.

Comment by AmandaV. (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011