PCOS

doesn anyone have pcos? i just seen my doc for the first time with it and she only gave me progesterone to take for 5 day. I dont think that sounds right i thought i would be getting meds for my insulin resistance to take or soemthing to help me get pregnant... does anyone else have this and how what did they doc give to them and did they ever get pregnant?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have PCOS. The progesterone will force an ovulatory cycle. It is a normal med for PCOS. I have a 3 month old son, and we got pregnant without medical help (suprisingly)
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• do u think she should have only me it for 5 days? or u think maybe that is a trial? i have a child already but we wanted to start on the next one wat do u think?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have PCOS; was never medicated for it. Many of my symptoms went away once I started a lo-carb diet; was able to lose weight and my insulin levels normalized. There's a connection between carbs/insulin and PCOS, among other ailments. I was able to conceive with no problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011