Have you been accused of being overly motherly?

I get this all the time. I think it is because I am the oldest. Some people say it me seem like a witch but I honestly don't realize I do it.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• my brothers think i do that. since i was 10 ive been taking care of them so they think i overly do it. now being that im a mom of two i do it even more. however one brother is a father too so now he knows that my overly mothering is because i love him
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I baby my youngest more
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm always accused of being over protective. In this day and age, I don't think there is such a thing! Not sure what you mean by "over motherly" I am the second oldest of 7 and I treat other children as my own and tend to mother kids that are not my own if that's what you mean.
    motherofpearls9

Answer by motherofpearls9 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think that my S/O family members think I am if you mean when it comes to our own children. I can't help it she is my firsthappy

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes I get it all the time from my husband and his family they all say that I am too protective of my boys and that I need to let go and let them learn the lessons of life
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was talking more to everyone in general. Like friends and sometimes people I work with. Obviously I do it my my kiddo too but that I see nothing wrong with :)
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Definitely. Both to my kids and my DH and my SIL and my MIL and anyone else I come in contact with. lol I was an oldest child and I had a lot of responsibilities at an early age.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011