Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can you file an anonymous cps report in texas?

We just found out by a family friend that my husband x wife has caught their 16 yr old son with marijuana on two separate occasions and has done nothing about it and he drives his younger siblings "they have 3 children together" to school so she won't have to he doesn't have a driving permit of any kind so my question is how can we report this and if we have to give our names out we don't want her to know it was us because we don't need any more drama between us and is this something that cps would even consider investigating? Oh and if he is found dirty what would be the process?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • i would just call and first ask if this can stay anonymous..

    Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • You can call CPS and make a report. They will take your information, and you can request that it is anonymous. i have to be honest, though, alot of times the CPS workers will slip up and tell the person who reported them.

    You can also call the children's teacher or principal at school. Tell them and they will report because they are mandated. That way, your name will not be attached.

    Regarding the marijuana . . . I would suspect that they will instruct the parents to bring the teenager to counseling. But, in no way should they be entrusting their children in the car of an unlicensed driver.

    Is the 16 year old your husband's son? If so, he should really just call the ex-wife and demand that she not allow MJ usage and illegal driving.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • i totally agree with ImaginationMama

    Answer by mamawilbur at 8:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • Yes he is my dh son she is not on good terms with my dh if he tries too call her she just acts childish and gives him the run around we've tried talking to her on other occasions that weren't as severe as this and she would just tell us to fuck off that she has custody now and we have no say on their upbringing

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

  • That is so hard . . .. I think I would just call the school . . .

    Good Luck.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.