CALLING ALL SAHM'S

I have looked online through the endless ads that claim that "this isn't a scam, work from home" and haven't found anything decent. Is there anything that any of you are doing or any websites you have found that are legit that makes a little extra or even a really decent amount of money? Please msg me if you have suggestions ;) thankyou in advance. I have worked several years before this and am enjoying being at home so i've been on both ends of the spectrum and am in a unique situation right now, so please no bashing.

OurHeartsAwait

Asked by OurHeartsAwait at 8:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I created my OWN business and work from home doing what I love to do :) Are you crafty or have a good idea for something? You could do something similar.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I used to be a high school teacher, now a SAHM, and I too would love to be able to contribute financially to the household. We're getting by on my husband's income, but I'd like to earn too. I have tried and tried to find some legit way to earn some $$ on the side. The only thing I've found is online currency trading but it's risky and you can often find you're actually in the red overall by the end of the week. *sigh*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• good question that I'd like the answer to it too
    Ladiebugmomma

Answer by Ladiebugmomma at 8:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't do anything. I don't need to make any extra money. We get by okay on what my husband makes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am looking too. If I find anything I will report back.

Justanotherjen: that was pathetic!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Something artistic to sell? Childcare? If you have a degree in a certain subject or if you're bilingual, tutor. If you can play a musical instrument give lessons.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well its nice to know some moms on here have it easy and they get by just fine with just one salary. But as for us moms that unfortunately have to struggle to get by, this is a great question. Moms on here should share a little more on what they do to be able to be a SAHM and be able to make decent money while taking care of their children. I am one of them. I need to find something to do, to be able to care for my children at home, daycare is way too expensive. Moms please share your businesses with us! or any helpful ideas that will actually work, without having to invest any money..
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• babysavy9--we don't live off just one salary....I started up my own little business, but would like some extra money for things we are trying to accomplish, like our adoption. Just because I am at home, doesn't mean I don't work too. I actually work outside the home for my business, but have a more flexible schedule. I was tired of working 16-21 hour days, literally. I was lucky if I got off of a 14 hour day without being exhausted. I know what its like to work, Believe me, and I don't have it easy, as I'm sure a lot of other moms dont.. I am also in a unique custody situation with my children and because I have certain visitation, a normal job won't let me leave as often as I need to.....so not all of us have it "easy",,,,,,,,,,,,
    OurHeartsAwait

Comment by OurHeartsAwait (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wasnt refering to you OurHeartsAwait.

I was refering to Justanotherjen because of her comment. She says she is fine she doesn't need any extra money and they get by with just one salary (her husbands) is ok.Thats who I'm refering too. So I meant to say...Not all of us have it that easy, thats all...Even though I wish we did.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011