Puppy gas

I have NO idea what our dog got into but she is having AWFUL gas. I mean its horrible. I deal with stinky diapers all day long and she about made me puke. We gave her a teeeny bit of pepto but its not helping. Any one know how to fix this?

KWnavywife

Asked by KWnavywife at 8:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pets

• You can give most dogs Pepsid AC. It will help with the acid in the tummy in turn helping with gas...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Did you change her food? Did you give her treats? Is it possible she has worms? All of those can make a dog's gas worse.

This is how I get rid of that problem: SEND THEM DOWNSTAIRS, LOL!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• LOL. We haven't changed her food but there were some kids out side earlier when she was out, so its possible they gave her something (i wasn't here, Dh told me about it).
    I put her out on our screened in porch. I love her to death but she is stinking in a major way.
    KWnavywife

Comment by KWnavywife (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Is she use to having people food of not mayb ethey gave her some of that?
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The dog's diet can actually can make a difference, and some breeds are rather famous for their flatulence, like boxers and bulldogs : ) I know my bulldog is not as gassy when she is on Fromms or solid gold diet.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• High quality food can make a big difference, and even if you haven't changed food the puppy/dog can develope an allergy or intollerance over time to something in the food. That is why I feed my dogs a rotation diet. I feed them Taste of the Wild, but with every bag I change the "flavor" (every 6 wks).

www.dogfoodadvisor.com
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011