Why is he being so imature?how would you handle this*vent*

so as i mentioned before my daughters birthday is coming up,well
at first we didn't know what we were going to do but everything just all fell into place
my niece and her friends who works at a spa/tanning salon said that they would come over for my daughters birthday and they would give the girls:facials manicures,and massages im going to by white robes and slippers for the girls to walk around in like its a real spa
then my sister who does air brush tattoos at six flag's says that she will come over and do temporarily air brushed tattoos for the girls
then i checked the movie theater in ht e mall to see if they had any birthday party packages and they did if you have 9 kids its $100.00 and each kid gets a box of pop corn a candy of their choice and a drink
so figured after that we could come back to my house and have pizza and cake and then the girls could do there sleep over and then the next day i would have a dinner party just for the family

so i told my daughters father about this and this is how it went:

him:well i don't like that idea

me:well you know what __________ i don't really care this is what she wants and im inviting her brothers and sisters on your side to her party too

him:well im not coming to her party or her dinner and don't invite my other kids because im giving her a party when she comes with me and i want them to be there

me:well that's fine if your not coming and im still inviting them because i want to get pictures of her and brothers and sisters,and im also inviting your mom,and sisters,and brothers to the dinner..and if your giving her a party that's fine but you"ll have to do it the weekend before her birthday because the weekend of her birthday is when im throwing her the party and then the weekend after that she has cheer leading camp

him:well don't invite any of my family and shes just going to have to miss cheer camp because the weekend before that i have plans

me:well she wants you and your family there if you choose not to come thats up to you but im inviting your family,and she cant miss cheer camp she moving up to a big division this year and she needs all the help she can get and plus i already paid for it

him:well im going to tell my family not to come because im giving her a party my self and Dont invite my family because i"ll be sure to tell them not to come..and her spending time with her father is more important than cheer leading camp so i guess shes just going to have to miss it!!

uggg this guy makes me soo sick hes so immature he knows i have a lot going on right now and just likes to make it all worse please don't suggest we go to court because we already have a court date set next month

but how would you handle this?im really cool with my daughters brothers,and sisters mom so i know they will let there kids come to the party but my daughter has never had a party with both sides of her family together and she told me to invite her aunts and uncles on her dads side i get along with most of his family but if brain washes them im not sure if they will come im real close to having him sign over his rights and to not be bothered with us>:o!

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 9:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Do what your DD wants... it's her day NOT his!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• legal do you have to send her if not i just ignore him and do what you said you shoul send invites to everyone if they dont come thats upto them and send her to camp just make shore she not there when he pick her up and say i told you what i was doing .
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What a jerk. I say, invite whoever you and your daughter want to invite. He doesn't want to come, fine. He doesn't have to. As for camp, you already paid for it and she's going, one way or another.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Invite them anyway so he can continue to look like a douche bag when he calls and tells them not to go "come to my party instead". I mean seriously, anyone with half a brain will see that you are being the decent one and trying to make it a family event for your daughter, while he is being ridiculous. If they don't see that, you can at least know you tried to be the bigger person.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh, and I save the term "douche bag" for special occasions! LOL!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Eh, I wouldn't pay much attention to him. I'd go and do what I had planned, because that is what your DD wants, right? And then the following weekend I'd take her on to Cheer Camp as well, and if he's pissed, he's pissed. You let him know, and if he has 'plans' the weekend before, he can do some shuffling around or miss out. His choice. Good luck, Mama!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011