WEDDING DRESS-Ideas of where/how to sell **HAS PICS**

Ok, So I bought this beautiful maggie sottero fushia dress and love it, but we decided we may not have our formal wedding ceremoney because we are already married. we started on an adoption and would just rather work on that. bride We have EVERYTHING down to bridesmaid dresses, flowergirl dresses. to reception stuff, you name it we probably have it. But, since we decided to put it off, I need somewhere to sell it. It's never even been worn, and neither have any of the other dresses. Tags are still on it, inside the bag. Ideally, I'd like to sell it allllll together, but haven't had much luck with that either. I have tried craigslist and that didn't work. Tried ebay..........any other suggestions? These pictures are off the website......

OurHeartsAwait

Asked by OurHeartsAwait at 9:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would try taking out an ad in the paper saying what all would be included and leave your e-mail address for pictures and contact.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If you find out let me know! We ended up not having a big wedding and I never wore my dress. I have been trying to sell it for a year now! I bought it for $1000 and have been trying to sell it for only $400 with no luck. :(
    musicmomma_89

Answer by musicmomma_89 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What about an ad or flyer, with pics, at a local high school? That's a gorgeous dress and I know that prom/grad dresses are getting more elaborate. Maybe a highschooler would buy it for grad/prom. Or a university or college?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• have you thought about trying craigslist?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• tspillane- I tried craigslist and it hasn't worked.
    canadianmom1974- I might be able to let the bridesmaid dresses go for prom dresses, but as much as I paid for it, I'm really not willing to let the wedding dress go for a prom dress price....i do appreciate the idea though!
    OurHeartsAwait

Comment by OurHeartsAwait (original poster) at 4:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think you will have a hard time with this one as it is a "wedding" dress but a very untraditional color. It is beautiful, but not something most would consider "wedding" material. I think you will have to sit on this one a bit if you want wedding dress price for it. It will take a buyer with unique taste to bite. Just be patient.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• beautiful dress! maybe one of yourlocal shops can order it for you
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No ideas, but that dress is GORGEOUS!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Baby4us09...........trying to SELL it lol

lovingmy4babies-- any takers? lol
    OurHeartsAwait

Comment by OurHeartsAwait (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011