Aaaahhhhh, bed time?!?

Does anyone else have a problem with their kids fighting their sleep? My son (who is almost 4) screams when its time for bed, which gets my daughter all ruffled up. I have no idea what's going wrong here! They are full, bathed and have had mommy-baby time before they go to sleep... what gives?! Any advice?

2AwesomeKiddos

Asked by 2AwesomeKiddos at 9:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure my 3 1/2 yr old is the same way, she fights it, but then gives in as long as i read favorite books at least twice.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• maybe give them a book while they're laying down. i let my kids have 1 toy or book when they go to bed, the toy isn't a noise maker, it's like a little action figure or something my ds wants to sleep with. that helps settle them down, ds may make his action figure fly, but he's doing it quietly, and he's asleep within minutes normally. same with dd, she'll sleep with a baby and sometimes sing it lullabies, or she'll be looking at pictures in a book (she's 2). when i read a book to them, sometimes they want to read the book themselves when i'm done with it, so i let them keep it in the bed with them. it's no hurting them, and it keeps them calm. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Testing you. Be sure to make sure there is nothing wrong, like him being sick, but then, stick to your guns or this will go on forever.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Pay them no mind maybe they will get it. Bedtime is bedtime.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011