More of a vent than a question (cursing)

My mom passed yesterday afternoon and it seems the kids ages 3,11 and 12 are just trying to make me more upset and even piss me off. Why do they gotta be like this now?

smurfyangel

Asked by smurfyangel at 9:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• taking advantage of the situation maybe. My father passed away suddenly and I am glad my kids were well behaved for the most part. They were just acting like kids. And helpful. Hope it gets better for you.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm SO sorry for your loss... I'd give myself a timeout if I were in your shoes... I don't think they are doing it on purpose but your nerves are shot and you're probably being a bit short... I'm not saying you're bad.. I'd probably be really short.. as a matter of fact when my brother in law passed away last year my son (he was 1 at the time) stayed the night with my mom as to give dh and I a break and time to compose ourselves for him... go take a nice bath and do something nice for yourself.
    k.stark

Answer by k.stark at 9:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• hugs  I'm so sorry. They aren't really trying to get on your already fraying nerves. Everyone is greiving right now. If you have well wishers offering help take them up on it ans ask if they'd be willing to take the kids for an evening, a weekend or even just a few hours. Y'all need healing, but y'all also really need to grieve as a family, and seprately.

May Irish Angels rest their wings right beside your door.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ((((HUGS)))) I am sorry for your loss.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• im sorryI am So Sorry for the Loss of your Mom-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Very very sorry for your loss - sending prayers your way for peace and healing. Your kids are grieving just like you are - it's possible the things they are doing are those that you normally wouldn't bat an eye at - but you are probably extremely sensitive right now. Share with the kids how you are feeling and have them share their feelings (to the extent they can). Maybe to keep them busy and help remember g-ma, they could draw a picture of a special time with g-ma or write her a card. You all need to take extra special care of each other. GB and take good care
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am truly sorry for your loss. It may seem like they are getting on your nerves, but they are probably grieving in their own way and don't really know how to respond to what is going on around them. I'm sure your 3 yr old doesn't really know what's going on. But, The older children are more aware of what's going on. When you get a little free time with them, let them know that it is okay to talk about it. They still need to know that they can talk to you about this, and I'm sure that there might even be some questions that they have. Don't push them away, they still need you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011