Working mom

working mom, why did u work? you never get up in the morning and fell like you didn't want to go to work? HOw it fels like, working everyday?

lelly1019

Asked by lelly1019 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work because my children are in elementary school. They do not need me at home, while they are at school. Therefore, I work in the school system, so I can be with them when they are off. I work for myself and yes, there are days I don't want to go.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've worked full time since DS was 11 weeks old, I don't really know anything but being a working mom. I work because we want money to put away for the future, not just to pay the bills today, and I admit that I am not fulfilled being a SAHM I need to work for my own sanity and personal fulfillment.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work because I need groceries and I would like my son to have. Too bad when I do not want to go to work. Well at least I have money too pay my bills.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work full time... Quite often I get up feeling like I don't want to go to work (partly because I don't LOVE my job - maybe)... Sometimes I think I'd like to stay home with my kids because I feel like I've missed out on a lot, but I know that I need that adult interaction to keep me from losing it!
    2AwesomeKiddos

Answer by 2AwesomeKiddos at 9:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work because my family needs a second income. And I happen to like my job. So there are very few days when I don't want to go to work. I don't always want to spend all day there, but it's nice to have someplace where I'm me and not mom. I need that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work because we need the money to provide for our family.
    I never wanna get up and go to work (I have to be at work at 6am)
    It feels like work. I work in a nursing home so I bust my but and get the day over with so I can be at home with my son.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work and go to school so I can feed my child, clothe my child and provide him with what he needs and on occasion what he wants. But, I could never be a SAHM fulltime, I need adult interaction and my child needs socialization with kids his own age. I have missed NOTHING in my son's life, I raised my son..not daycare or anyone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work because I need money and to have the security of having my own income just in case...My oldest2 are in school all day and my 3 yrold goes toa home sitter. My job is pretty flexible I typically work 4-5 hours and get paid for 8. I rather stay home but its not a choice. I stayed home when my older two were young because child care was so expensive for them FT. I do like my job though and really couldn't ask for a better one at this time.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I too have to work for money.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I work because I love it, I love having a life outside of my life as a Mom, no matter how wonderful that is. Of course, I like the income, too.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011