I need a cure!!! Can anyone help??

I am sure that this question has been asked hundreds of times, but I am 7 weeks pregnant, i knew a week after conception that I was pregnant because of nausea and heartburn, and since then it is only getting worse, it has gotten to the point where I can not get in a car, eat anything other then saltines and toast, i am vomitting occasionaly but this is just down right debilitating! I am taking promethazine, drinking gingerale, and eating crackers before i get out of bed. ANY other suggestions are more then welcome..

JennShallis

Asked by JennShallis at 10:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When you start feeling slightly queasy, lie down on your left side. My OB told me that when I was pregnant and I swear, it REALLY does work. It's kept me from throwing up MANY times.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• OH!! You may still get the full blown nauseated feeling but lie there until it passes.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry! I had hyperemesis which is severe vomiting and nausea for the first 3-4 months of all three of my pregnancies and it was horrible. I ended up in the hospital for a week with my first two babies...and weathered the storm for the third. I tried everything....the crackers didn't work.....neither did the gingerale. I have heard however, that acupuncture is good for that.....Why not give it a try...just make sure you go to someone highly qualified. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy! :)
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh how I know the feeling :) I am going to try what spiritedwitch suggested, something I have never tried, hope it works! :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• make sure to drink water to stay hydrated.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Peppermint tea with 1/8 teaspoon of ginger mixed in MIGHT help. The ginger will help calm the stomach acids.

LOL I had heartburn so bad with my first that even lemon water gave me heartburn. In the OR for his emergency C-section I vomited all over the anesthesiologist's shoes I had heartburn so bad. WHILE I was pregnant though I talked with my doctor and got a prescription for Protonix, a heartburn controller.

Talk to your doctor, heartburn is NO FUN!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Forgot to mention that the anesthesiologist was wearing patent leather shoes at the time. My husband told me later that he gave me the dirtiest look for doing that too. My thought: I TOLD you @$$hole that I was gonna vomit.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• take half a unisom and vitamin c
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was like that with my first pregnancy! Get a cup of crushed ice and crackers, it really worked for me or ice cream! Anything really cold seemed to help me hope this helped ya out a little bit
    starcrystal_09

Answer by starcrystal_09 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You can try SEA BANDS they sell them in the pharmacy they are a bracelet for Sea sickness. Some pregalas Swear by them. Pepermint also helps. HUGS !
    yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 12:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011