When you put your baby to bed do you put his/ her passy on a leash thing so they don't drop it out of their crib?

My little girl is soo attached to her passy.. but she is getting bigger now almost 8 months and moved all over her bed and drops her passy out of her crib SEVERAL times at night! I can't just leave them on the floor till morning because my dog likes to eat them... and $800 later we know now she can't eat them and be ok they get STUCK! so every time she drops it I have to get up move my bed with my husband sleeping in it and then move steps then crawl under her crib to get the dang thing.. This happens at least 4 times a night... the leash thing isn't long enough to go around her neck and I am going to clip in to where the passy just meets up to her mouth so I know it won't go around her neck.... Do you use them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make something like the breathable bumper that is called a crib shield. It is the same netting but it covers the sides from top to bottom completely. We have it and love it, it is better that the breathable bumper.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No, I'd try one of those breathable bumpers. That way the passy can't fall out of the crib
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That is dangerous. It's also a strangulation hazard. It usually says so on the package.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• NO like above post said dangerous
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• keep the dog out of the bedroom at nite. but it is very dangerous to do the leash thing at nite. personally i didnt even like them for the day time.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• omg I forgot about the breathable bumpers!!! thanks so much!! ordering one NOW!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wouldnt personaly. as you baby gets older they will start to put their binky back in their mouth by themselfs, but as for now I would put them to bed with one and keep several off to the side so then you know where they are when you have to get up and just get a new one every time instead of searching.
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• the bumper is ordered and ON IT'S WAY!!! I didn't want to put one on I was scared to that's why I put the question up on here.... I can't believe I forgot about the breathable bumpers!! thanks ladies!!! feel soo much better!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Here is a pic of the Crib Shield

wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• where did you get it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2011