Wedding invite help!

I thought I had all this stuff taken care of, but another question I saw today confused me...I am getting ready to send out invites to my wedding in 8weeks. I was just going to address envelopes to families as being to "the "last name"'s" and then to people not married, by their names. I assumed that it would be assumed single people could being a date. Evidently that is not so! Soooo when I address the envelopes I write something like "Mr. Alex Smith & guest" ?? I also have little rsvp cards and addressed (and stamped) envelopes. Do I need to write anything extra on those or just leave the blank space for where they put the number attending?

Thanks!!! I can't wait for this wedding to be over!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• Definitely put each person's name on the envelope. if not you could end up with more people than you planned on. If you are inviting a family and including children, each child's name should appear on the envelope as well. The RSVP cards are inside the invitation, and they are addressed back to you, so you don't need to do anything more there, just leave the blank space for them to put the number attending. Never just put "The Smith's" or you'd be surprised how many people will bring their in-laws and cousins as well. And if you don't put "and guest" more polite people will assume that you only had room for the one person, and not a guest.

Best wishes for a wonderful day!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2011