Do you believe that there is a heaven and a hell?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO. Philosophically, the only purpose in the belief of "hell" is to make one fearful of it, and to therefore do the "right thing" to avoid it. But that's the wrong reason to do the right thing, so it's completely nonsensical. I find it ridiculous. The other rationale for "hell" is to give a righteous person a feeling of superiority over the "sinner" and a belief that he'll "get what he deserves" but that is not a right notion either, we are supposed to love our fellow man, so yeah, what's the point?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes! there is most deffinitly a heaven and a hell
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes, I believe in both.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No, I don't.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That depends on how tightly we want to hold on to the Christian definitions of Heaven and Hell. I believe in Higher and Lower levels of existence, an afterlife and both positive and negative realms. But, not in the Christian definition of the two.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

Answer by judimary

Interesting... Could it also be that there really is a heaven and a hell?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I do because that is what the Bible teaches. Heaven is described as a place free from pain and heartache while hell is described as a place of agony and separation. The most interesting thing is that the Bible speaks a lot more about hell than it does about heaven.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011