Do you take trips without your children?

My parents used to ditch us constantly for weeks on end to go on elaborate vacations and we got stuck with the camp site 3 miles down the road most of the time.

I don't travel without my kids, and I try to plan things I think they will enjoy. We were able to travel alone before we had kids and we will have that time again when they are grown.

Maybe I just feel so strongly about taking them everywhere because of the excessive nature of my parents' travel when I was young and dont know how to balance that.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Travel

• I had my DD when I was a bit older, I guess you could say. So, I lived and travelled and went to all sorts of wonderful places. Now, I do not plan trips without her....with the exception every 6 months me and my high school girlfriends get together for a weekend to camp (girls only and no men allowed). I would feel very guilty if DH and I were off somewhere on vacation and little pooh was not with us.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• no , my son goes where i go
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My daughter goes every where we go.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I plan them if their dad has them that weekend
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yep, hubby and I went to Mexico in Feb without the kids. It was wonderful! I wouldn't only travel without them, but we also need time for us, to focus on each other and our marriage, that's the core, the foundation of our family so we want and need to keep it strong. We do other trips with the kids, but sometimes it's nice to get away.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wish to have trip with out the kides. One time they come with us, and one time for me
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i dont like being anywhere without them , im way over protective but i need to lighten up a bit, we did go on a 5day cruise 8 months ago and it was great except i couldnt really enjoy myself because i was so worried about the kids , and they were with famiily. smh i need help! lol
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• they go where we go
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We go everywhere as a family.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I WISH!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2011