Why does he have to be so mean to me?

It seems like I can never do anything right, no matter what it is. Dh always has to come home and yell at me for some reason or another. He just got home and I made sandwiches and soup for dinner, and he threw big fit that I didn't cook more. He the complained about everything, that the house wasn't perfect, that I didn't do this or that or etc. I have worked and done all kinds of things today and I am tired. I don't know why I try. He has me in tears now because I feel like a loser. What can I do? Anyone else ever go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Thats hard... please dont cry. That doesnt help you...
    He needs to understand that you need to be valued, and what you do at home may not SEEM like work, but its alot harder than it looks. One day, my husband pushed me too far, and I left. Left him with the kids... didnt answer the cell. I went and just had me time... when I came home 5 or 6 hours later, his tune was a bit different.
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yeah with my abusive EX-husband. Honey abuse is not always physical, your husband is verbally and emotionally abusive and you need to both get help or get out. It most likely will escalate, take it from some one who went from "hey he only pushes, doesn't punch me" to "well he's never sent me to the hospital" YOU DESERVE BETTER NO MATTER WHAT HE TRIES OT MAKE YOU BELIEVE.
    Anonymous

• HOw's about saying "Sorry, but I guess I'm just not as perfect as you." and leave it at that?
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 10:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It's called emotional abuse. You need to evaluate your relationship and decide if you want to stick it out. If he doesn't change, it could get worse. I'm biased as I came from an abusive first marriage, and he used to do me that way before it got worse. Please, don't go through what I did. My self esteem was trashed before my current husband got me out.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Some men just feel good about making his woman feel inadequate. It's a form of manipulation of abusers. It's a way to make a woman feel that she can't do anything right without him. If interested look up stuff about passive-aggressive men and how they control women in their life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Stand up tp him and tell him your not cleaning or cooking anymore until your appreciated. Be firm with it.
    Anonymous

• be mean back and tell him if he were a better husband you might want to do more.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I wouldn't suggest being mean back. "Two wrongs don't make a right". You have every right to stand up for yourself but stooping to his level could only make matters worse not to mention it would probably only piss him off more. Talk to him and if that doesn't work there might not be much else left to do....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sweety I am in the boat. I am here crying and cant sleep because I apparently dont do anything good enough. I hate this. He told me I dont do anything to help out our household and that he does everything. He does not cook, clean, take care of the dog and cat, and my three yr old son. I dont work because he said he wanted me to be able to stay home and take care of my son, Well now Im stuck there's a hole in my wall because he said I pushed his buttons. I didnt say anything because he was angry when he came home. UUUGGGGGGHHHH I hate this feeling. Luckily I let my son go to his father's house tonight. I cant take this anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2008