Intimacy question.

i was curious to know if not feeling sexual after having a child, even almost a year later. would be something that just happened to me? non of my friends seem to have this issue, or they dont want to admit it. but i dont feel any urge what so ever to be intimate and now my fiance is...though understanding... having a difficult time dealing with my new "phase" also is it a phase or is there a cure, a trick or something i can do. any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for listening.

StillWoman22

Asked by StillWoman22 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• With my bf our intimacy is just alot different. I'm not happy with how my body looks to me, but he sees nothing wrong with it. And even on top of that it's hard even to just find time for intimacy with a young child!! Just try to talk to your husband about everything and try to come up with idea to keep that spark! Good luck girl!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I feel the same way most of the time.. all I can say is your not alone
    MommaOfAustin09

Answer by MommaOfAustin09 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm worried this could happen to me again. It has happened before and its sad.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It might be a hormonal issue. Try calling your OB/GYN. Or maybe just try new things with him.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I didn't get my sex drive back until ds started sleeping through the night...at 18 months
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Your not alone honey. You have a new baby that consumes your everything. You feed, change, comfort and touch all day. That is one of the biggest intimacy relationships you will ever have. It is all consuming being a mommy. Let go and it will happen. Give it some time. I also went through this after our youngest was born. I believe he was 2ish when my romantic emotions snuck back in. They will.

blowing kissesMichelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• its sucks because im in the same boat, its like " no dont grope me, leave my boobs alone, im nursing," etc lol on the days i dont feel like doing anything, or cuddling seems to go too far with him, i suggest a magazine or something and give him a break. but i really dont feel like doing anything sexual. at all. not even kissing, because it leads to sex, and he doesnt really get that i dont want it. ah, men, i wish they had an off switch too. lol seems like they only want it more now that they cant "hurt" the baby lol
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• For some women thats normal I will guess...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• This problem could be nutritional. The same key vitamins, minerals and amino acids that support nervous and vascular system health are the ones depleted by pregnancy, childbirth and stress. Increasing food sources of zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, choline, inositol, arginine and Omega3 and Omega6 fatty acids could solve your problem over the course of 4-8 weeks of consistent increased intake, along with stress management and reduction of caffiene and sodium.

This is far more common than people think. More than 75% of Americans are nutritionally deficient in one or more ways.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sex has become pointless for the time being while you have fulfilled the procreative side of it and are so emotionally and mentally drawn out by your baby. If you enjoyed sex before you will again but when? I don't know. But I have heard once the baby is that bit more independent and you start feeling up for another one can be the case. You can just have sex with your fiance even if you don'tfeel like it much. PLay that down. Smile and a lot and let him have his way, if you really can see it's weakening your relationship.
    quietmo

Answer by quietmo at 9:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011