Hates toothpaste!!

I have a hard enough time just trying to get my 3 yr old to brush her teeth, but completly forget about trying to try to brush it with toothpaste. I've tried all different kinds of toothpaste flavors and she idn't having it!! I've been having this problem with her since she was a baby when I used that little finger toothbrush scrubber with the lil baby toothpaste and she hated it even than. Any ideas??

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried all the fruit and fun flavorsey have for kids?
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes!! I would think she would love like bubble gum but OOOO no she hates it!
    Trishy7

Comment by Trishy7 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If she likes "sparkly" and glittery things, there is a pink Hannah Montana toothpaste that looks like it has glitter in it. She's young and the Hanna part may not matter, but if there is something she likes (like Dora, or Princesses or anything like that) get a big sticker of her favorite thing and cover Hannah's face! If she likes Dora for example, tell her it's what Dora uses. It may not even work on your daughter but you never know. Could be a motivator for her! Good luck!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Ask the dentist what if anything you should do. At least your brushing which is better than nothing even if your not using toothpaste.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• try just getting her to brush with water.... then slowly work in the toothpaste.. all you need is a pee size amount.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My children never use any toothpaste (elementary school).
    We don't need it!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My DD used to act fussy about her toothpaste, so I take her with me and let her pick out her own. I also tell her how BIG GIRLS get to do this. Works for us! G'luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If its not the toothpaste taste, perhaps she has something with the look of the toothpaste. Sounds gross but a little baking soda (and a tiny bit of salt) will help with the clean up and won't be as noticeable on the brush. Obviously you need to do some sort of flouride but there is more than one way, we have "magic drops" that I put on with a q-tip to protect the teeth.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• have you tried the kids bubblegum flavor. Crest has one that my kids liked.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011