Is no cost CHIP available for my child even though her stepfather works

I tried last year to enroll her here in Pa, but they said my husband made too much money,(imagine that) and of course health care is something we cannot afford to just purchase even though the girl should be covered. I am terrified every day she leaves the house even when she goes to school. I understood a step parent's income was not to be considered not being the natural parent. I am in the country for two years and all of this is so difficult to understand. In my country all health care was provided by the government.
T

ukrmom

Asked by ukrmom at 11:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• It goes based on the income of the household, not just the biological parent. The state can offer low-cost healthcare, though. Most (if not all) offer free and low-cost healthcare. Is there anyway that you and your child's father could each pay a portion of the cost for some health insurance?
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011