HELP! MY ALMOST THREE MONTH OLD WILL NOT DO TUMMY TIME AT ALL....IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS STAND.

MSKASSYLEIGH

Asked by MSKASSYLEIGH at 11:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him. My daughter was pulling up by 4 months and walking by 8.
    Anonymous

• did she skip threw crawling? im nervous i work at an ambulance company and everyone keeps telling me if he skips it he will miss a big milestone in life and it will cause many problems...not sure if its true though
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yep, my middle son pretty much skipped crawling. They don't do things at the same pace and age.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• well im glad that hes not abnormal he has such strong legs he litterally will not do anything but stand he loves his jolly jumper : )
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Just keep trying the tummy time. He might all of a sudden like it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yeah we keep trying but after about 15 minutes of screaming i feel bad lol, we have kind of modified tummy time a little bit he will half do it on his boppy and if hes standing leaning on my stomach he'll somewhat do it, but hopefully he wont skip crawling : (
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• my twins didn't like tummy time very much, until they were like five months old. I kept putting them down to try and they only stayed down a few minutes each time. I just kept at it and eventually they got better with it.
    and they loved standing too
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Your freaking out about this?? I'm learning about all this stuff with children right now (i go to college) and it is completely NORMAL for them to skip a stage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. It doesn't mean they are smarter nor stupid for that matter. Some babies just do that. Mine started walking at 9 months and practically skipped the crawling stage. Don't even worry about it.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• oh and another thing DONT LET THE CHILD CRY FOR THAT LONG just because you want him to do tummy time so bad. That is ridiculous. Tummy time is not that freaking important. Stop going by the book and just let your kid grow. If he wants to play in the jumper by all means LET HIM.

Good grief.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The point of tummy time is to strengthen (especially) their neck muscles by them trying to lift their head. If they're lifting their head while you're holding them, while they're laying against your shoulder, or helping them stand it doesn't matter. As long as they're using their muscles to lift their head and move it around. That's the important thing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011