Tatts while Preggie??

Just how bad can it be REALLY if you've had others, no reaction, and you really take care of them??

K_Chel

Asked by K_Chel at 11:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I guess there's always that 'chance'. I kind of think of it like drinking, I mean, can it really not wait 9 months?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• dont do it. plus if you tell the tatooist they prlly will tell you its not a good idea...well at least they should.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My tat artist said a BIG NO! Just in case you do get an infection, it wouldn't just harm you but also the baby.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 11:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Aren't there laws against women who are pregnant...they can't get a tattoo?
    I don't know, I don't have any...just asking.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Actually, my artist says no way. And it's posted on the wall for these reasons.

Being in pain elevates your blood pressure whether you react or not.

The ink doesn't heal like normal. I've seen it, it didn't heal properly and is all patchy.

Also, they are liable.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Better to be safe than sorry. If you care about the health of your unborn child, you'll practice patience and just wait until he/she is born.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• All very good points, Lemmie clear the fact that I HAVEN'T and WONT get 1 while preggo, just somethin that crossed my mind. the studios can't, but when u have a tottoo gun in your living room its soooo tempting!! lol! but i agree with nanixh, 9 mos isn't that long to wait =)
    K_Chel

Comment by K_Chel (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've heard that most artists won't tattoo pregnant women because infection is always a risk no matter who you are, and when you are pregnant, its even more of a concern.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The risk is infection, and most artists wont touch a pregnant woman. But I will be honest and tell you I got 4 tattoos while pregnant with my son( my SO is a tattoo artist) and all was fine. They healed just fine, no infection what so ever and they still look great today. I had about 7-8 tattoos before I got pregnant and since I had no problems with any before I went ahead and got more. I'd do what you thought was best, if it is a trusted artist with everything up to code I wouldn't really see a problem with it...But thats just me.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ive heard its fine, but I wouldnt do it due to the fact that if harms you it will harm the baby
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 2:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2011