Wild 7year old

my 7 years is driving me crazy he wont listen to anything i say and hes so hathful
with me and his brother. i have no idea why hes so hathful but things have got to
change does anyone have any ideas what i can do

mama2305

Asked by mama2305 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Take away his favorite things such as toys, privliges, TV, games or friends coming over just about nything that will "cost" him something, keep it away for a couple days each time he misbehaves.
    With my kids, they have a daily routine, they have an everyday snack time before going to bed, anything they like, and any time they disobey I take that away, but there's always a warning from me first..."If you don't stop., its straight to bed NO SNACK TIME!.....it always works for me.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yeah i have tried that does'nt work with him he doesn care what i take away or what i say i have told him i was going to send him to his dads to i am going to call the police and still doesnt work and i am thinking
    gezzzzz what is this kid going to be like when he grows up then on the other hand i think well he will grow out of it
    but now i just dont know i would never talk to my mom the way he talks to me but i know hes a good kid
    mama2305

Comment by mama2305 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• talk to his pediatrician - maybe a physical is in order. If that rules out anything unusual, he could just be a willful 7-year old. If that's the case, then read "The Willful Child" by Dr. James Dobson - it gave me some good ideas for my son when he was around that age and I felt sure I had completely lost control of him :-). Babysavy9's solution above is great as well. GL and take best of care
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i think u are right i think he needs to go to the doc its the only thing i have'nt done and i will for sure read the books
    i need all the help i can get at this point...and u know now i think about it the more stressed i am the wores he is
    cuz i just lost my mamaw which was like my mom and he has just been acting crazy
    mama2305

Comment by mama2305 (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• talk to him. Do you give one child more attention than the other. Are you constantly repremanding him? Just keep a mental talley of what you do with each child. Sorry hope that helps.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011