How many of you were induced while having their cervix still closed, the baby still not "droppped" and not even a sign of dilation?

How did it turn out? Is it true that its more riskier to be induced with your cervix still closed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are closed, they will bring you in over night and give you prostiglanden gel to soften the cervix. It almost always works. Mine worked so well, I didn't even need pitocin.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh yeah, and he didn't drop until I was in active labor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i was induced that way, they gave me a wierd tampon thing at 7pm tue night checked me wed. it thinned a little then kept me on pitocen then as soon as i got to i think 2cm they broke my water after that it all went by so fast!
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was induced. After hours of labor and making it to 2 cm, doc broke my water. Not sure how much longer after that, I had to have a c-section because the cord was around her neck.
    jeniprit74

Answer by jeniprit74 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That was kind of how my situation went. I wasn't dilated, no softening of the cervix. I was given Cervadil (I think that's how it's spelled) to soften my cervix, then 8 hours later they started Pitocin to get my labor going. I happen to be one of the women who ended up having an emergency c-section because I would not dilate.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Me and after 12 hrs they had to do an emergency c-section because of stress on my son.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, it's safer to wait to induce until you have a better Bishop's Score (favorable cervix) if possible.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Me, both times. First was at 38 weeks, second at 36 weeks. Loooong labors, but not that painful. Both vaginal deliveries. I had Cervadil the first time, which did nothing, so we started Pitocin. Second time, we went straight to Pitocin. That labor went better for me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mine was closed. first the ob/gyn scraped my cervix.. nothing. then a week later he induced through the iv.. no luck, then they did the gel on the stick tab and FINALLY i started ti dilate.

my second was all natural
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was going to say the same thing as musicmom80. I had to go in the night before and every so often, they insert a suppository to thin out your uterus. I remember the pain of it, because, as they explain, they couldn't mix the medicine of the suppository with any kind of lubrication
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 6:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2011