Baby fell straight back on wet floor and hit head

He hit it pretty hard and has been cryin for about 5 minutes straight. He will stop and start back. Should i take him to the er?

do u think this will damage his brain. He has hit his head 50 times before

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there a knot? I would take him in just to be on the safe side....
    there is no harm in being cautious...

Answer by gmasboy at 11:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No..he's probably dd was the worst about falling on a wet tile floor and hitting her head..just watch him carefully to make sure he didn't hit too hard (like giving himself a concussion)..but more than likely he'll be fine.

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Watch him closely and don't let him fall asleep for an hour. Try to distract him so he doesn't fall asleep. He COULD have a concussion. My daughter has fallen a lot too and she's okay. Just keep a close eye on him.

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If the baby hit their head hard you need to go get them checked out!! They can not talk to tell you if it hurts or if they are feeling weird or whatever so go to the ER, it is better to be safe than sorry!

Answer by xMs.Shannax at 11:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• He threw up afterwards

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If he threw up I would definitly take him. My 2 y/o fell the other day when I was mopping, scared me to death but he only cried for about a minute and was fine. If he kept crying like that and vomited then he should be checked out for sure.

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If he throw up you should take him in just to be safe

Answer by enaNianza at 1:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I took him. They said he was fine just to watch him. They just ooked at him. No brain scan

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• if he threw up definitely take him in!!!!
    thats a sign of a concussion.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't take him just yet. Is he responding well? Dont let him fall asleep though. Put a ice pack on his hickey and f it does not go down then i would suggest he go to the dr.

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011