I have a 23 year old son who can't or won't do things he is asked to do. He lives with me at home. Help!

sharonakins100

Asked by sharonakins100 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I have one of those too! I'm honestly just as lost as you are and mine has his GF hanging out all the time. I wouldn't know what empty nest syndrome was....Its not funny, maybe our sons could hook up and split the rent on a place!
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• OMG helooo! Kick him out. You are allowing him to do so. Your rules your house.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm 22. And that's just LAZY! lol....My parents told me that if I didn't respect them then I wasn't welcome in the house. Well, I started going to college so I eventually moved out.

Tell him to grow up already hah. Sorry not trying to be mean!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Tell him while he is living with you he has to help if he dosent then he can move and do his own thing.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Give him a list of things he needs to do/change in order to live at home and a timeframe in which he needs to do it and be very clear about what will happen if he can't or won't do them - i.e. hit the road, Jack!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I moved out at 17. I think you are allowing it so maybe he'll just act this way as long as you do allow it. So maybe you and him should set some goals? After all we won't be able to be here forever huh! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am not sure what to do, my kides still young
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011