I did something that my son had a weird reaction to.....

You know those drop in that you buy to help keep your toilet clean? I usually buy the clear ones, but I didn't realize the one I picked up was blue. He will not use the bathroom with the blue in the toilet, he doesn't like it. Good thing I didn't put one in each bathroom though. I don't know what he would have done! I have tried to tell him and show him that it's okay to still use it and I'm out of ideas. Do you have any?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Go pee in it and show him that it turns green! LOL! Make sure you laugh and try to make it into a game? Sorry at your inconvenience, but this made me laugh! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have heard of parents putting cheerios and other small food items in the toilet bowl for potty training purposes for little boys so maybe you could try that to show him that blue water is okay too. Hope this helps! :D
    xMs.Shannax

Answer by xMs.Shannax at 12:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My daughter is the same way--our church has blue toilet water and for the longest time, it freaked her out. Eventually, she got over it. She just had to do it a few times to see that it was ok. Did you try explaining to him that it was cleaner to keep the germs off?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• lol i like the turning it green idea.. or take a glass of water and add blue food coloring to him to show him its all good
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Tell him it's just "ocean or pool water!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I like the turning green idea too. I don't know that I would do the blue water in a glass, you don't want to give him the wrong idea about drinking the blue water.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011