Would it be rude to make the guy wait while I test the tank for leaks?

I am hoping to buy a used aquarium off of craigslist but I have heard stories of people who got cheated and were sold leaking fish tanks. When the guy brings it to my house would it be rude to make him wait while I fill the tank with water and wait about 10 minutes so that I can make sure the tank doesn't leak? I will be up front with the guy about the fact that I plan to do this and that the exchane may take up to half an hour? I will be doing it before I hand over the $100 for the tank. I am not about to be cheated out of my $100!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• I don't think it is rude, if he isn't trying to scam you, he won't think it is rude either.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• LOL i only read first part and for some reason i thought you were referring to a condemn! LOL anyway not rude i mean if he has nothing to hide there should be no problem.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• that wouldnt be rude
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• not at all
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• make him wait...tell him befor u go over you plan on checking so he can decide if its worth his time
    Brandyh

Answer by Brandyh at 12:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no.. if you feel too bad about it, promise to post a good review on his dealings after if its good
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011