What do you do with the kids when husband is gone?

My husband works 14 hrs a day and one month is nights and one month is days. I am wanting some fun ideas "dates" to take my boys on and fun activities we can do when my husband is gone all day or nights even. What are some ideas you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• How old are the kids?
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• 7,4, and 9mo
    Anonymous

• Hummmm..... thats hard. I too have a 5, 2, and 1 year old. dh works 3-11. we dont do much except stay at home. We play games and do lots of art projects. When its nice out we go to the park or go for a walk.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My son is 5yrs old and DD is 10 months, when my DH is in school all day the kids and I just hang out at the house, bake/cook cookies or dinner or both, LOTS of art projects, go outside (if the weather permits), play pretend, watch a movie or go to the playground in the mall. You could make a list of things that the boys like to do (ask them to input on the list) and then just do one thing each one likes (take turns). Break the days up then rotate them through the three boys. Best of luck and hope that helps.

momma2JD

Answer by momma2JD at 11:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I go everywhere with my daughter. Tonight we just went to McDonalds and I let her play while I graded papers. Sometimes we'll go to a matinee, sometimes over to dinner with friends who have children...or to the mall with friends with kids. Sometimes we will find a "real" child activity like going to an indoor water park or playing mini-putt.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Maybe get a sitter for your baby and take your older two bowling? Movie? Local library or history museum? That's all I can think of right now.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Thanks for all the answers =] He'll be working a lot of OT in the next few months, so I think I will plan some crafts, movie and popcorn nights, a trip to the science museum, and lunch and a matinee one day. That should keep us busy! Thanks!!
    Anonymous