Have you used the TV as a babysitter so you can clean the house?

Hehe..just curious. ;D

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 12:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, and there is nothing wrong with doing it once in awhile, especially for cleaning!
    -Anonymous-

Answer by -Anonymous- at 11:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I sure have, along with the computer and Wii, whatever good distraction I can find, I use. I gotta do what I gotta do to get stuff done.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have, not proud of it. But sometimes Elmo and Handy Manny are the only things to keep my little man occupied while I can do the dishes,cook dinner, sweep and mop wtc
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sure have, video games too.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sure I have, this is my shower time, and a TV for my 19 months old, lol
    cageybaby

Answer by cageybaby at 10:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't consider it a babysitter. It's just an entertainment tool, one of many, and my kids watch whenever they want if their chores and homework or done. Or when they were little just whenever. Don't know how I would get anything done with a gaggle of kids following me around the house. Right now I just have my 8mo and I employ my almost 5yo to keep him out of the way. It becomes a game of him trying to get to me and her trying to keep him away.
    I don't see what the big deal is. It isn't a babysitter, they are just watching TV and relaxing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sure. There is nothing wrong with it!!
    WHat would you do? Let them follow you around and get into the cleaning supplies and knock things over and inhale chemicals and mess up the stuff you are ceaning? LOL. I mean....seriously now. WHat is wrong with little kids watching a Disney movie or Sesame street,etc. while you are cleaning?
    Please, don't feel guilty or apologize or say that you are ashamed to admit that you use Tv as a babysitter. That is really being way too hard on yourself, Moms!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• not very often usasly i have them play outside , but wheni want to clean the WHOLE house i like to invite a friend or big cousin over to play ( i keep them in one room w/ a few toys) it works like magic ,
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Of course. Thank you TV!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my son has never been one to sit in front of the TV but I clean while he plays video games if that counts as a babysitter
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011