My 3 1/2 mth old and weight gain

she has only put on 140 grams since the 28th october 08. She is fully Breast feed. Why would this be.

mummy03

Asked by mummy03 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's not getting enough milk. Is her pediatrician concerned? If my calculations are right, that's not even a pound and I would be seriously concerned. You may want to see a lactation consultant to see about your milk production or the baby's latch.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 10:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I suck at math and conversions...... how many pounds is that?
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• According to google conversions, 140 grams = 0.308647167 pounds
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 10:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yeah! If its not even a pound i would definately be concerned.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• She said it wasnt great but that she is at the age were she wants to look around. She sleeps from 9pm til 3am has a feed than goes bak to sleep then wakes again at 6:45am. She was sleeping from 9pm til 5am. She is getting weighed again on the 16th dec 08.
    mummy03

Answer by mummy03 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My daughter stayed at 10 lbs from 2-5 months and was perfectly healthy
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Every child is different. Listen to your doctor. My son gained 5lbs in 3 months and my friends son gained 4 lbs in 3 months and their both breastfed babies. Breastfed babies are also known to be on the smaller side because they know when their full rather than babies that get a bottle will sometimes drink because it's there and won't necessarily stop when their full. My son had to be bottle fed with breast milk the first month and a half and he gained more weight then, than the last month and a half of his life when he was able to latch correctly and breastfeed. If your baby is an abnormally sleepy baby try to wake her to feed every 3-4 hours during the day and let her sleep as long as she wants at night.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2008