Which is more stimulating the TV or the internet...Don't worry this belongs in relationships just read

my husband is on a seasonal layoff and is home all day. We both get up to get the kids off to school and then he watches TV...I go back to bed and sometimes until 1 pm.
He thinks I should just sit and watch TV with him...problem is I find it so brain numbing that I fall alseep...he says it sure is funny how I never fall asleep with the computer but I can with TV and I explain to him that the TV is boring and the internet is not.
He doesn't use computers and would rather watch 15 hours of TV and gets so mad because I won't watch with him..well why watch if I'm just going to fall asleep and if I turn on the computer he sarcastically says " goodbye mom"
meaning I'm with the computer and not him.
I try to explain my feelings but he doesn't see it he only see things the way he wants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I had that problem with dh he wanted me just sit in the living room with him when I'd rather be on the computer or doing something else. So I got smart, I said I'll watch t.v. with you for however long if you do something with me for however long. So he agreed. I had that boy in the floor with a toothbrush scrubbing floors, on a chair wiping out cabinets, rearranging the cabnets, rearranging furniture, organizing ect.  You get the picture, lets just say I can get on the computer anytime I want.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think it's selfish to a certain extent.  He'd rather you watch television with him and fall asleep than to do something you actually find stimulating.  No way in hell I could watch that many hours of television.  I however have to pry myself from the internet, lol.  Maybe dividing some time inbetween the 2?  Even if you fall asleep at least you can say you compromised. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• computers is more stimulating than tv. you are interacting, your brain is turning. if he wants you to hang out with him, suggest something you can do together.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• try a picnic, a walk, the library or people watch in the mall. These are different but also things you can do together.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree with PP, find something to do together that doesn't include the TV if you want to spend quality time together.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Quit explaining to him. When he next says " goodbye mom", say "see you later Hun" and smile. He has his interests and you have yours. Why should he need you to hold his hand while he watches TV? Put the computer in the same room as the TV and share a pack of Doritoes and some booze while he does his thing and you do yours :)
    quietmo

Answer by quietmo at 9:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Get out of the house! You sleep until 1 pm? I find that getting too much sleep is depressing and messes my day up. You 2 should figure oura better way to enjoy your time together.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011