Anyone know anything about Candida?

I've been having some health problems lately and have been researching online and the only thing I can find to cause all my problems is Candida. I mentioned it to my doctor and he laughed and said it was just something people overreact over and for me to stop reading online. But he can't tell me whats wrong with me, or fix my issues....So has anyone ever heard of it, or had it, got it treated anything?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• no, what are your symptoms???? and what area does it affect??

kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. Most mainstream doctors will laugh at the idea because there are so many symptoms associated with candida overgrowth and they are too general in and of themselves and usually attributed to other things like stress, poor diet, etc. Really, you don't need to be under a doctor's care; there are some (very safe) things you can try on your own.

Have you tried a yeast-free diet? Do you take probiotics and/or eat yogurt and keifer? These things may help to restore the good intestinal flora and combat the bad bacteria (yeast). There are meds out there like Nystatin that may help. There's a wealth of information out there; you should check it out. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Anonymous