Question for Quitters (Ex-Smokers)

Do the cravings ever go away???

It's been almost 10 months since my last cigarette and I have cravings... DAILY! I am finding them harder and harder to control lately, too. I have been telling myself that I could just smoke one and stop. I'm really worried I will eventually convince myself that's true. :(

Momma2_2Hbabies

Asked by Momma2_2Hbabies at 1:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• I stop smoking right when I found I was going to have my son but from time to time still I have a cig its ok to have one but just don't let it take over you ok
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't think I have enough self control to just smoke one from time to time..i'm afraid the cigarettes would once again take over.
    Momma2_2Hbabies

Comment by Momma2_2Hbabies (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was the same way when I quit, so I bought some Nicorette gum. It helps ALOT, but it's addicting too. But at least it's not bad for you and it controls the craving when you get one.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I quit nearly 6 years ago and I still crave at least once a week. It's gotten better as time goes on.....

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've quit for 6mo and still have cravings :( I wish I could help !! When I want one I go outside and take deep breaths like I'm inhaling a cig. It kinda helps
    kelbo1989

Answer by kelbo1989 at 2:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I quit over a year ago and never looked back. I use an electronic cigarette, or ecig----they are the perfect replacement for smoke.

http://cigfinity.blogspot.com/
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• http://www.market4free.com/classifieds/ads/for-sale/beauty-cosmetics/25569582
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I quit a few years ago and to this day will stay have an occasional craving. It's gotten better as time has gone on, but I still get a craving from time to time, typically when I'm very upset or angry. I just have to use my self-control and willpower, and know that smoking will NOT help anything and will only make me feel worse about myself. Since I quit, I have taken up exercise and have become quite a fitness fanatic, so I also remind myself that smoking again would undo all that hard work and that I just DON'T SMOKE ANYMORE. Period.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011