Has anyone had the same worries I do while pregnant???

I'm a first-time mom, 14 weeks pregnant. I will be having my second sonogram and the first trimester tests done soon (for down syndrome and what not), and just thinking that there may be something wrong with my baby is freaking me out!! I was wondering has anyone out there had the same worries while they were pregnant?? My mom says its normal pregnancy worries, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has freaked out about this kinda stuff while they were pregnant and how they got through it, its keeping me up at night worrying about my baby's health. Even my hubby is stressing out about it!

josi_g

Asked by josi_g at 1:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My friend just told me today that her friend had the same problem but when her baby was born she was normal its ok to freak out but don't freak to bad they can only do some much with a ultrasound ok
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The Docs thought my baby had a heart condition.. talk about scary! It made my Mom cry. They retook an ultrasound when I was in my 6 months of pregnancy and found out she's fine. A common mistake... my friend had the same problems with the docs saying 2 out of three children of hers had problems, and turned out they didn't. Not saying you shouldn't be cautious, but just try to chill out. Most of the time, the baby is too tiny to see anything. They are making medical assumptions and that's why they have us go back later on saying if something is truly wrong or not. Common pregnancy worries that most women go through. Better safe than sorry though.
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It's totally normal to worry hun. I was soooo worried DD would have esopageal atresia (which I was born with, and it requires surgery...I still have terrible scars). I read online about it once I knew the name and read somewhere that it could be hereditary. Everyone, I think, worries about it, even if there is no reason to worry.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am 19 weeks along with my first and I also worry about EVERYTHING!! I beleive its all part of being a new moma ;)
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 2:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Normal :) I'm scared about my c section and I've had one before lol I opted out on the down syndrom test, if god thinks I'm strong enough to be blessed with a special needs baby then I'll take that when it comes... One less thing to worry about when preg /) just remember your gonna love your baby no matter what :) and that's what matters
    kelbo1989

Answer by kelbo1989 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That's normaljust try and stay positive for baby!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• very, very normal. relax. enjoy your pregnancy. don't read too many horror stories - instead try to find good, happy prego stories. while pregnant, i had terrible nightmares. like, the kind that i woke up screaming bloody murder from. all about the baby, the hubby, anything you could imagine. once i drempt that he cheated on me, and then robots took over the world. i woke up crying lol. but dd is eight months, and as perfect as can be. you're still in the first trimester - it's natural to be nervous, but don't get worked up about it. your body knows what it's doing. you'll be just fine.
    btw i just found out i'm pregnant again, and the dreams have already started! only eight and a half more months to go!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 10:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think most first time parents worry about everything that could go wrong. Chances are tht your baby will be just fine. Try not to worry.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• dont worry! chances are everything will be just fine with ur baby! relax and try to enjoy this very special time in ur life! congrats
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had some worries, but part of that was my doctors fault. They kept thinking something was wrong with her heart. But they did a couple ultrasounds, and a level two ultrasound and found out they were wrong!!

Try not to stress out over it too much. It's hard I know, but it'll be okay!! Congrats on your pregnancy by the way
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 3:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011