What diet worked for you?

I want to figure out a weight loss plan for myself. What suggestions do you have? What worked for you? Food and exercise advice?

Momma2_2Hbabies

Asked by Momma2_2Hbabies at 1:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• sparkpeople.com they give you a meal plan and a work out plan and you can customize the plans. and its FREE. totally free. I love it.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• vegan raw diet(google it) has been amazing for my husband. He lost 22lbs the first mo and it keeps comming off. On top of it his immune system is better than the rest of the fam because of the diet. While we all got the flu for 1 1/2 to 2 wks my husband was only sick for 2 days! what a snot, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I also would suggest sparkpeople.com. I had a lot of success with them and I like that so many articles and advise on the site. It has a calorie counter and a section where you can put in the exercises you do to see how many calories you've burned.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have lost alot of weight just by cutting out sodas, eatinglean meats like chicken, fish and then tons of veggies and fruit only for the sweets. Drink tons of water and always drink a glass of water before u eat any meal it will help u not eat as much.
    ky_phoenix

Answer by ky_phoenix at 2:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i heard alli works but it can be kind of gross... Ive heard it cause extra trips to the bathroom
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 2:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No "Diet" ever worked for me. I find keeping a journal of what I eat is extremely helpful. Then, you can go back and see what worked for you and what didn't. Slowly make changes to your food choices and portion control. Don't do anything drastic overnight. Just work new goals into your life each week and stick with them. Before you know it, you have new habits. As for exercise, I recommend starting at just 5 minutes each time for the first week. If that seems like nothing, compare it to what you are doing now. Work in an extra 5 minutes each day starting each new week until you have a time frame that will work for you. Also, try to find fun things to do that get your heart pumping! If you are having fun, you are much more likely to stick with it. Good luck!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. It is essentially a lo-carb diet, focused on protein (lean meats) and veggies. It is the simplest and most effective diet out there for so many people. I turned to it after trying all the others and never being successful at them, even while under a doctor's care. I easily lost weight (over 70 pounds) and I have absolutely no cravings whatsoever. Nothing is restricted and there's no weighing, measuring, adding up of points, none of that nonsense). It is the way we ate years ago, before all this fad diet stuff came out and the big push for lo fat, which is why we are the fattest ever. Once you understand carb addiction and how insulin drives your cravings and weight, it can be easily changed. And it has a positive impact on heart disease and so many other conditions that seem to come with age. Check out carb addiction and hyperinsulinemia to find out more. It's a real eye-opener.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Weight watchers was the only one that ever worked for me.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm eating clean, which I LOVE! I've lost 54 lbs so far! Here's my journal with eating clean basics.  I also run and do other exercise, but food is 80% of the battle.  You can't have a "diet" mentality if you want it to work in the long term- you have to make permanent lifestyle changes.  Eating clean keeps me from craving sugar and other junk food.  I feel like crap when I do eat sugar, salty or greasy food.  It's good to have some strength training in your exercise routine, because lean mass burns more calories than fat, and women are not genetically designed to bulk up (those that do work very hard at it!).  I hope this helps!!  Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Special K worked good for mee.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011