Who should I go to?

I was diagnosed with PCOS, and I don't have periods at all unless I'm on a certain brand of birth control. My husband and I want to have another child. When I talked to my gyn she basicly said there was no chance I can get pregnant, because I don't have my period without bc. Which I think is wrong, because there has to be something out there I can take to still have everything work, but not keep me from getting pregnant. So, should I make an appt with a different gyn, or is there someone else I would see for this? Any info would help, thanks.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would start by going to a different doctor and getting a second opinion.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i deffinitly agree i would also go online and research different drs who specialize in that field.
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 3:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What was the birth control? Have you tried Prometrium or Provera? I have PCOS and only have about one period a year or so if I don't take something to make me have it and I have been able to have 2 kids and have been pregnant 3 times. I would go to a new Dr (even better would be to go to an Endocrinologist) and ask about taking Metformin (a diabetic drug that has helped some women with PCOS) and Clomid (fertility drug). I take Metformin and before my ectopic pregnancy, I was taking it and I took Prometrium for 10 days and then had a period and took Clomid starting on the 5th day of my period. I got pregnant in my 3rd month of taking Clomid. Women with PCOS and no periods without help can get pregnant! Good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You could see another OB/GYN or try a Reproductive Endocrinologist they specialize in endocrinological disorders which PCOS falls under. They aren't the end all though I saw one and she was horrible have had better luck with a regular OB/GYN. (I have PCOS and am trying for #1)

michcous

Answer by michcous at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011